Posted: Wednesday, Jul 29th, 2015
GRAFTON - A goodly number of residents took advantage of the Rustic Mechanicals Vintage Theater Company's Shakespeare Troupe's performance of Much Ado About Nothing at Toad Hall Sunday evening.
The show was packed full of whimsical one-liners to keep the audience on the edge of their seats, awaiting the next one to drop.
This is the first ...more
Posted: Monday, Jul 27th, 2015
GRAFTON, During Tuesday, July 21 Grafton City Council meeting, a public hearing on the Grafton Home Rule Program was called into session by Mayor Bartlett, and closed after no comment was received. The council then conducted the first reading of Ordinance No. 832, authorizing the city to submit a written home rule plan to the Municipal Home Rule Board ...more
Posted: Friday, Jul 24th, 2015
GRAFTON - The Rustic Mechanicals, Vintage Theater Company's Shakespeare Troupe - Summer Shakespeare in the Parks "Cupid's Crafty Arrow" tour of William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing will be making a stop in downtown Grafton this Sunday (July 26).
Grafton's performance will be the final stop, of a seven-show tour, spanning over three weekends and six counties. ...more
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 22nd, 2015
PRUNTYTOWN, Grafton High School Principal Dr. Joseph Findley "talked numbers" to the Taylor County Board of Education at their July 14 meeting.
"46% of the eligible workforce is supporting the other 54% … that means, that of those able to work between the ages of 16 to 66, only 46% were working, and they are covering the 100%. ...more
Posted: Monday, Jul 20th, 2015
GRAFTON, Friday morning there were reported sightings of a man dressed like a bat driving through Taylor County, hauling a "Batmobile". We caught up with this person of interest at the Taylor County Public Library, surrounded by dozens of children, who watched "the big bad bat" with wonder and awe.
Yes, it's true … Batman came to visit ...more